Tuesday 27 July 2021

Otelo Saraiva de Carvalho (1936-2021), the Portuguese revolutionary of the 25 of April


Otelo is a central figure of my adolescent initial political activism. He and others were the labourers of the military coup that overturned the fascist regimen and installed a political democracy. 

After the military coup, people took political decisions in their own hands and I could participate in a revolutionary process. I was an interested and attentive learner of the revolution; didn't understand everything, but there is one thing I understood: Otelo wanted and worked for people to have the power. 


Otelo was very friendly, joyful and full of energy. I remember him in public meetings, in rallies, on tv. 

Thank you, Otelo, and farewell,  fellow comrade!

2021, July, 25th.


No comments:

Post a Comment